The PSAT, is a practice test for the SAT exam. We encourage 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th graders to take this exam in preparation for the SAT. This test provides an excellent opportunity to participate in a National testing program and can be an effective diagnostic tool. The PSAT/NMSQT includes a Reading Test, Writing and Language Test, and a Math Test. There is no passing score for this test.
All Clovis Unified 11th grade students will take the PSAT free of charge and are automatically registered.
ALL 8th grade students at Granite Ridge will take the PSAT 8/9 free of charge and are automatically registered.
Only 9th/10th grade students will need to register and pay a fee for the test. To register, complete the PSAT Registration Form and submit $19 (cash or check) to the Counseling Center by September 7, 2018. Mrs. Harris is available to receive the registration form & payment before school, during lunch and after school. Please make check payable to Clovis Unified School District.
If you have any questions, please contact the Counseling Center at 327-5056
The benefits of taking the PSAT are:
• A practice test for the SAT Reasoning Test;
• An avenue for connecting students to colleges and scholarship organizations;
• A comprehensive report with information about every question – including correct answers, student responses, and difficulty level, along with student’s own test booklet.
PSAT exam dates:
• 9th, 10th & 11th grade: October 10th, 2018
• 8th grade: October 24th, 2018
PSAT test score result review dates:
• 9th, 10th & 11th grade: January 18th, 2019
• 8th grade: February 1st, 2019